cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove loader to fast debug

MPast.1
Senior II

Hi all,

I'm building a custom board with touchgfx and QSPI resources.

Everything work well!

I would like to know how is possible to remove loader to fast the debugger session: the external resource need more than 4Mbytes and loader everytime I start a debug session update the external memory. This process take about 1 and half minute.

the problem is that I don't updating nothing on graphic design, but I'm adding only code to my project: everytime I program the uC everything is erased and reprogrammed.

So I would like to have the possibility to run the project, loading the external QSPI resources needed by graphic stack and correct as fast as possible my code. Is it possible?

( I'm know where remove the loader (on debug settings) and I know how to edit the linker to add/remove external reosurces: but if I edit the linker, Touchgfx don't know where load the picutres and fonts from) . how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
MM..1
Chief

You dont write how IDE used , but simply you need only skip flash external section ,,,

MPast.1
Senior II

i'm using IDECube 1.5.1. (sry I forgot it)

How can I edit this setting? I'm new about stm32 world, and soometimes I need some help.

Can you show me with a picture?

Here in CubeIde exist more type of projects, but when you use normal , then in Debug configuration window you have one settings for external loading and second for startup download. I mean simple is turn off Download and in command part write cmd line to flash only hex file .

0693W000007CReFQAW.jpg 

or try disable only external loading on Debugger settings

If I disable the external loader, debugger connection crash and nothing works.

In the section you show me, I tryed to change the configuration but I discovered that is only possibile to set an offset.

If my uC FLASH range is 0x08000000 --> 0x08200000 and QSPI section is 0x09000000, i'm not able to exclude the QSPI section. Offset allow to me to exclude the main program instead of external resources. (IE I can set the Offset to 0x09000000, but not a valid range)

No i mark download you need turn it OFF and scroll down to command part and enter comand here to flash hex only

Too when you use QSPI and have selected generate bin files , your qspi file maybe is 2GB big , then i recommend turn off generating bin files and use hex instead

I do not understand what do you mean on first phrase.

I don't understand what parameter you talk about. Where is it? I dont found any command to specify this value.

(I have already disable *.bin gneration option.) : compiler generate only *.hex file

Simply click on marked True download then edit and off download checkbox , maybe symbols too. This start your debug without flash.

Then you need flash other way, one example

0693W000007CS5pQAG.jpg