cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Vreg 12 Volt is not produced STSPIN32F0?

Ritul Shah
Associate II

I have made a custom board using STPIN32F0. When I have placed all the components on board and Powering UP using 24V supply, the 12V Regulated Voltage is not produced.

Any specific reason?

Does it remain in standby Mode?

What is the minimum requirement for producing 12V at Vreg Pin?

I have referred to Datasheet, and Reference design for STSPIN32F0. But I could not find any solution.

I have tried in approximately 5 boards and all have the same issue.

Please help me solve the problem soon.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dario CUCCHI
Senior II

Hi @Ritul Shah​,

at the power-up the STSPIN32F0 is in standby mode and the 12V regulator is disabled.

To enable the device and enable the regulator, set the GPIOs PF6 and PF7 of the microcontroller.

This selects the OC threshold and meanwhile enables the device (See Table 12 in the datasheet).

If this post solve your issue, consider to mark it as "Best Answer" (click on "select as Best" label below).

This will help other community members looking for similar solutions to quickly find the answer.

Have a good day !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dario CUCCHI
Senior II

Hi @Ritul Shah​,

at the power-up the STSPIN32F0 is in standby mode and the 12V regulator is disabled.

To enable the device and enable the regulator, set the GPIOs PF6 and PF7 of the microcontroller.

This selects the OC threshold and meanwhile enables the device (See Table 12 in the datasheet).

If this post solve your issue, consider to mark it as "Best Answer" (click on "select as Best" label below).

This will help other community members looking for similar solutions to quickly find the answer.

Have a good day !

Hello Dario,

Thank you for your reply.

But, I am trying to RUN the motor first using ST Motor control workbench. I did not find where to SET the GPIO's PF6 and PF7 in the GUI.

Please help me on it.

Or is it to be done in IAR IDE?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you

Ritul SHah

Dario CUCCHI
Senior II

Hello Ritul,

Sorry for the delay in my answer.

The PF6 and PF7 are automatically selected when selecting the threshold in the "Over Current Protection" block.

0693W000007ENeFQAW.png

The workbench should generate the code with a proper configuration for these two GPIOs, according to the threshold selected.

Have a good day !