cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile make -f ../gcc/Makefile -j10 make: ../gcc/Makefile: No such file or directory

LDoyl
Associate III

I may be a bit slow but:

When I run my project in TouchGFX in a different folder as a standalone program, I can Generate Code, Run Simulator and Run Target. Everything works as expected and I can exercise the GUI on the '469i-Disco board.

When I copy the TouchGFX into a STM32CubeIDEworkspace and add the TouchGFX folder to the IDE project, I can no longer Run Target in TouchGFX although Run Simulator works just fine.

The error message is:

Run Target

Generate

Wrote config/gcc/app.mk

Done

Generate Assets

make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile assets -j8

Reading ./application.config

Done

Post Generate

touchgfx update_project --project-file=simulator/msvs/Application.vcxproj

Done

Post Generate Target

touchgfx update_project --project-file=../ButterstickTF20210121.ioc --platform=m4

Done

Compile

make -f ../gcc/Makefile -j10

make: ../gcc/Makefile: No such file or directory

make: *** No rule to make target '../gcc/Makefile'. Stop.

Failed

Failed

I see where the make file is called in the projectname.touchgfx is called. Is this expected behavior? If so, how do I debug in IDE?

6 REPLIES 6
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Could you share a screenshot of your project's folder ? The error message indicates that there are no gcc folder (or at least no Makefile). I am not sure I understand all the steps you did but it seems like an expected behavior if you change the project's structure. The run target command in Designer is initially set to work with gcc (you can see the command lines in the "Config" tab in TouchGFX Designer, in the "Build" section).

Are you still able to run your project on target from STM32CubeIDE ?

/Romain

Romain, I wasn't sure if you wanted the view from Windows or from the IDE so I am giving you screen shots of both. [cid:image001.png@01D6F2E9.21F2CB70] [cid:image002.png@01D6F2E9.21F2CB70] Lance Doyle Electronics Design, Manf. Engineer Bruker Handheld LLC Bruker Nano, Inc. HMP Business Unit 415 N. Roosevelt Street Kennewick, WA 99336 USA Phone: +1-509-783-9850x6275 Fax: +1-509-735-9696 lance.doyle@bruker.com www.bruker.com/hmp<> - confidential -
Romain, Sorry, I didn't answer all of your questions. I can start TouchGFX by double clicking on the xx.touchgfx file in the Windows explorer or from the project in the IDE. Either way the response is the same, I can Generate Code and I can RunSimulator. RunTarget fails with the error message. There is a make file in C:\Users\Lance.Doyle\STM32CubeIDE\workspace_1.5.0\ButterstickTF20210122\TouchGFX\simulator\gcc that is unchanged. I agree it looks like I am doing something wrong in in getting the TouchGFX project into the IDE. Lance Doyle Electronics Design, Manf. Engineer Bruker Handheld LLC Bruker Nano, Inc. HMP Business Unit 415 N. Roosevelt Street Kennewick, WA 99336 USA Phone: +1-509-783-9850x6275 Fax: +1-509-735-9696 lance.doyle@bruker.com www.bruker.com/hmp<> - confidential -

Hi,

could you share those images again ?

/Romain

LDoyl
Associate III
Last time I tried to embedded the image in the email. I have attached them as .png files this time. Hope that helps. Lance Doyle Electronics Design, Manf. Engineer Bruker Handheld LLC Bruker Nano, Inc. HMP Business Unit 415 N. Roosevelt Street Kennewick, WA 99336 USA Phone: +1-509-783-9850x6275 Fax: +1-509-735-9696 lance.doyle@bruker.com www.bruker.com/hmp<> - confidential -
LDoyl
Associate III

I have been able to compile without errors in the IDE (finally). However, "Run Target" from the TouchGFX app still responds with

Compile

make -f ../gcc/Makefile -j8

make: ../gcc/Makefile: No such file or directory

make: *** No rule to make target '../gcc/Makefile'. Stop.

Failed

Is this normal?