cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to debug C++ based simple hello world project in ST CubeIDE

SDalv.1
Associate II

Hello Team,

I was trying to create and debug a simple C++ based simple hello world application with CubeIDE IDE.

Project gets compiled and exe is generated successfully.

I see all C++ development tools available in installed packages. attached is the screenshot of error I am receiving.

Can I debug a normal C++ application using GDB debugger in workbench??

If yes may I get some information how to resolve issue.

Best Regards,

Satish

4 REPLIES 4
KnarfB
Principal III

The error message is unrelated to the use of C++. The project doesn't look like a STM32 project. Start with a STM32CubeIDE generated C project first. Check the numerous "Getting Started" guides and videos. Then transform main.c to main.cpp.

The is C++ based for sure and not STM32 project as mentioned already.

My observations are as below; any C++ based application to debug in STM Cube IDE needs some GDB packages. I was trying to install some of them. However it gets partially installed. Some important one can not be installed as shown in attached screenshot.

0693W000007CKQkQAO.pngCan anybody comment on this please ??

KnarfB
Principal III

C++ and STM32 are no way mutually exclusive. You have created a local (host) C++ hello world project. You can debug it as a "Local C/C++ App". Workes for me oob. But, this a feature of the underlying Eclipse+CDT tool and out of scope for STM32CubeIDE.

SDalv.1
Associate II

Hello,

It looks like there is latest version released V1.5.1, I was earlier using 1.5.0 where in I faced this issue.

On latest version I could develop and debug both kind of projects like local simple hello world project and ST controller based project.

Thanks and regards,

Satish