Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb high speed phy not work

shark
Senior

mcu: STM32H743IITx

hardware: USB_HS1 + usb3300 phy

software: usb host mode with all classes

All code are generated by cubemx 6.1.1, and I trace the usb data on wire with usb data analyzer.

if OTG's internal DMA disabled, full speed usb device works ok, but high speed device can not transfer setup command while enumeration.

if OTG's internal DMA enabled, all full and high speed devices can not enumertaion.

Are there some success cases?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shark
Senior

Hi,

I'm back after finished another project and waiting for a new layout. And I'm lucky this time, the new board works ok on high speed usb phy. Nothing is wrong in software but layout problem.

Thanks for all friends trying to help me.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ons KOOLI
Senior III

Hi shark,

When DMA is disabled, normally there is no restrictions for the memory range used and you have to get your USB Host working. You can refer to the STM32CubeH7 for USB applications made by ST. I hope this can help solve your first issue.

For your second point, when enabling DMA you have to make sure that you are putting your code in the memory range accessible by DMA. Since for H7 products, the default memory range used while generation which is DTCM is not accessible by DMA USB. You can refer to this FAQ for more details.

Best Regards,

Ons.

shark
Senior

I study it for several days, the problem has nothing to do with dma. I disabled the dma and insert a high speed usb device, the program always get USB_OTG_HCINT_TXERR in isr code when sending 8 byte setup command.

The existing FATFS demo in external-phy mode for STM32H743I-EVAL get the same error.

Ons KOOLI
Senior III

Hi shark,

Can you give more details abot your issue to help us find a solution for you, and report it internally if necessary:

• 'software: usb host mode with all classes': do you mean that you find this problem in all host classes ?
  • 'Are there some success cases?': You can refer to the package FW.
  • 'the program always get USB_OTG_HCINT_TXERR in isr code when sending 8 byte setup command.' : Can you illustrate with sharing your .ioc file and some screenshots.
  • 'The existing FATFS demo in external-phy mode for STM32H743I-EVAL get the same error.' : Can you provide the directory to this project in the FW.

Best Regards,

Ons.

Ons KOOLI
Senior III

Hi shark,

Any updates ?

Best Regards,

Ons.

shark
Senior

Hi,

I'm back after finished another project and waiting for a new layout. And I'm lucky this time, the new board works ok on high speed usb phy. Nothing is wrong in software but layout problem.

Thanks for all friends trying to help me.