cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I please know, How to interface MKI196V1 (ASM330LLH) with Raspberry Pi? Are any Python packages available? I tried I2C with raspberry but doesn't return sensor values. Also, SPI support is not available.

AniketKulkarni15
Associate

I am trying to build a project 'GPS aided INS' in college. I have tried many options for interfacing  "MKI196V1 (ASM330LLH)" IMU, but couldn't get the results. I tried interfacing the sensor with STM32 (maple mini) using sduino, also with nano and uno. If anyone has any resources related to the above-listed issues, kindly help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @AniketKulkarni15​ ,

I'm not an expert on interfacing ST sensors with uCs via Python, but you can check if the MicroPython for STM32 libraries can be useful for you.

In particular, on Github you can find the basic configuration for ST accelerometers (accel.c) and drivers for the I2C and SPI communication.

If however you are already able to setup the I2C/SPI pattern, you can check the ASM330LLH WHO_AM_I (0Fh) register value. You should get back 6Bh value.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @AniketKulkarni15​ ,

I'm not an expert on interfacing ST sensors with uCs via Python, but you can check if the MicroPython for STM32 libraries can be useful for you.

In particular, on Github you can find the basic configuration for ST accelerometers (accel.c) and drivers for the I2C and SPI communication.

If however you are already able to setup the I2C/SPI pattern, you can check the ASM330LLH WHO_AM_I (0Fh) register value. You should get back 6Bh value.

-Eleon