cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About BLDC motor solution

TGoto.1
Associate II

There are two ways of BLDC motor solution. The one of solutions is EVSPIN32F0601S3 and the other is EVSPIN32F0601S1. I want to drive BLDC motor with sensor less. Which solution is match the goal? The motor specification is 100V D.C. 1A 100W.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @TGoto.1​ and welcome to the ST Community.

Both solution you mentioned are based on STSPIN32F0601 System-In-Package and fit your motor specification.

The main difference is in the shunt sensing topology:

• EVSPIN32F0601S1 has a single-shunt sensing topology. Both the field-oriented control (FOC) and sensored or sensorless 6‑step control can be implemented.
  • EVSPIN32F0601S3 has a three-shunt sensing topology. The field-oriented control (FOC), either sensored or sensorless, can be implemented.

You can choose the board according to the driving method (FOC or 6-step) and shunt topology (single or three).

Let me know if these info are useful to you, if yes please "Select as Best" button to close the topic.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @TGoto.1​ and welcome to the ST Community.

Both solution you mentioned are based on STSPIN32F0601 System-In-Package and fit your motor specification.

The main difference is in the shunt sensing topology:

• EVSPIN32F0601S1 has a single-shunt sensing topology. Both the field-oriented control (FOC) and sensored or sensorless 6‑step control can be implemented.
  • EVSPIN32F0601S3 has a three-shunt sensing topology. The field-oriented control (FOC), either sensored or sensorless, can be implemented.

You can choose the board according to the driving method (FOC or 6-step) and shunt topology (single or three).

Let me know if these info are useful to you, if yes please "Select as Best" button to close the topic.