cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIM6 and TIM7 not selectable for ADC

TSchi.1
Associate

Hallo i´m using STM32F107 and i want to choose in STMCubeMX the TIM6 for triggering the adc in specific times for measuring.

My Problem is that i can´t select TIM6 for triggering. What i don´t find is why. In the manual and so on is this possibility is even explicitly mentioned. But how I have to parameterize it?

0693W000007C2VmQAK.png0693W000007C2UjQAK.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello TSchi.1,

As mentioned by you and backing to the Reference Manual, TIM6 and TIM7 may be used as generic timers for time-base generation but they are also specifically used to drive the digital-to-analog converter (DAC). In fact, the timers are internally connected to the DAC and are able to drive it through their trigger outputs.

They cannot be used as External Trigger Conversion Source for ADC.

You'll find External trigger for regular channels for ADC1 and ADC2 in the Reference Manual : 11.7 Conversion on external trigger.

Hope this answer your question.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KnarfB
Principal III

> not selectable for ADC

TIM6 and TIM7 are for DAC, not ADC.

Hello TSchi.1,

As mentioned by you and backing to the Reference Manual, TIM6 and TIM7 may be used as generic timers for time-base generation but they are also specifically used to drive the digital-to-analog converter (DAC). In fact, the timers are internally connected to the DAC and are able to drive it through their trigger outputs.

They cannot be used as External Trigger Conversion Source for ADC.

You'll find External trigger for regular channels for ADC1 and ADC2 in the Reference Manual : 11.7 Conversion on external trigger.

Hope this answer your question.

Khouloud.

Hi @Community member​ ,

If your question is answered, please click on the Select as Best button on my reply so that other members of the community with the same issue can find the relevant information more easily.

Feel free to raise any issue or feedback.

Khouloud.