cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Constants disappear from Device Configuration Tool (timers configuration panel) if the .ioc file is closed and reopened in the same session.

Adriano Melis
Associate III

version: 1.5.1

MCU: STM32F446RETx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Adriano Melis​ 

Yes, now issue reproduced (thanks for sharing steps, the problem appears at this level: start a new project, choose MCU, without saving the project).

Issue will be fixed, thanks for your contribution.

Khouloud

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @Adriano Melis​ 

Can you please share your ioc file to check more the problem?

Thanks, Khouloud

Adriano Melis
Associate III

Hi Kholoud,

Here it is.

When the .ioc is opened the first time in the Eclipse session the user constants are available, however, if the .ioc is closed then reopened are not available anymore.

The code generation however "sees" them: in this project the generated code uses the constants used in the DCTool in the timers init functions.

Cheers,

Adriano

Hi @Adriano Melis​ ,

I have checked on my side using your ioc file, but still can't reproduce the issue.

All User Constants (6 constants) are well generated under main.h and they are present in the Timer configuration panel.

Can you please reopen your ioc file with MX standalone and check?

Thanks, Khouloud

Adriano Melis
Associate III

Hi Khouloud,

With MX standalone the problem persists.

Steps:

• open the attached .ioc -> constants OK
  • start a new project, choose MCU
  • reopen original .ioc -> constants not visible, see screenshot:

0693W000007By64QAC.pngCheers,

Adriano

Hi @Adriano Melis​ 

Yes, now issue reproduced (thanks for sharing steps, the problem appears at this level: start a new project, choose MCU, without saving the project).

Issue will be fixed, thanks for your contribution.

Khouloud

Keep in mind that the problem exists in the IDE version without changing project: maybe a step is missed when closing the .ioc project tab in Eclipse, then reopening it.

Thanks for the speedy answers 🙂

Ciao,

Adriano

Hello @Adriano Melis​ ,

I'm back again to inform you that issue is now fixed, you can use the latest CubeMX version available on site 🙂

Khouloud