cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX 4.16.0. Vertical Frontline Problem in Dynamic Graph Widget

GS1
Senior III

Hi all,

I just installed the new release 4.16 of TouchGFX and have a problem when using the Dynamic Graph widget:

I am using "Wrap and Overwrite" Behaviour and The Vertical Frontline activated. Line Width: 1

When adding points to the graph the Frontline is not updated correctly. Previous line positions are not cleared and stay visible in the graph until it wraps.

Furthermore: When calling "Graphik.clear(); Graphik.invalidate()" the Vertical Frontline is not cleared and flickers or stays permanently at the previous position until it is overwritten by new data points.

Any idea how to overcome this issue?

BR

GS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello @GS@S​ , @MHaji.1​ 

I'm happy to tell you that the new version of TouchGFX (4.17) has now been released and the frontline bug with the graph has been fixed 🙂

When you checked it is working, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best

/Alexandre

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello GS@S,

Do you see this behavior in the simulator or your board ?

If you see it in the simulator too, could you enclose a simple GUI only example (No Application Template selected, only simulator) ?

/Alexandre

Hello Alexandre,

I can not run my project in the Simulator due to too much relation to my hardware environment.

Please see attached PNG for the issue.

Pink lines are the remaining frontlines in current graph, the separate pink line is the last drawn frontline of the previous graphics after clearing the graph.

BR / GS

Another sample screen for frontline not beeing deleted

GS1
Senior III

As soon as the first screen is filled and the graph restarts at the beginning, the frontline is displayed correctly until the graph is cleared again. Then the last frontline position is visible (see first picture)

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello GS@S,

I think I reproduced the issue with the simulator. For me, the afterimages are created during the first round. The second round clears the afterimages and starting from the third round, the graph behaves correctly.

I will report to the dev team and I'll keep you updated.

Thank you for your feedback,

/Alexandre

MHaji.1
Associate III

Hello,

I have same problem with frontline, Is there any solution for it?

Thanks

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello @GS@S​ , @MHaji.1​ 

I'm happy to tell you that the new version of TouchGFX (4.17) has now been released and the frontline bug with the graph has been fixed 🙂

When you checked it is working, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best

/Alexandre

Thank you Alexandre...