cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there EEPROM emulation datasheet for STM32F7 series?

Ogünd.1
Associate

Hi everyone.

I am using STM32F767 series MCU for eeprom emulation. I looked for Application note for this STM32F767 MCU but I didn't find it.

AN4061->STM32F0

AN2594->STM32F1

AN3390->STM32F2

AN4046->STM32F3

AN4056->STM32F3x

AN3969->STM32F4

? -> STM32F7

Thank in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

The concept works on all the parts, however with large flash sectors it can be slow and have to manage.

For storing configuration data/structures there are better ways to solve the problem.

If you really need an EEPROM for the design use one, or understand how the Internal FLASH works. The quickest way to brick a device in the field is for the flash write/erase to go awry..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Piranha
Chief II

All of those ANs are essentially the same... All of them should be merged into one, including the related code, to not waste time and resources on useless duplication.

And, as with all code from the HAL/Cube team, it's bloated, broken and inflexible. The idea of emulating EEPROM chips itself is not the best one. It's much better to design a storage system that is tuned for specific requirements. For example the typical configuration storage system actually needs properties with IDs and values of different sizes, not EEPROM style memory cells and addresses.