cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't properly import touchgfx project in STM32CubeMX

NKieg.1
Associate III

Hello everyone,

I am currently developing a project using the STM32F49I-DISCO board.

What I can already do :

• create a project in TouchGFX and run it on the target,
  • create a project in TouchGFX, generate the code, import it in STM32CubeIDE and flash it to the board, works.

What I can't do and want to do :

Modify the imported TouchGFX project in STM32CubeIDE because files are as shown on the picture attached (they are duplicated/linked from somewhere and I can't figure out how to properly add for example a .c file for my FreeRTOS task). I also can't have the same integration of TouchGFX in STM32CubeIDE (I can't open the layout from STM32CubeIDE because the TouchGFX folder is not shown).0693W000007BYgQQAW.pngThank you everyone!

2 REPLIES 2
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

What do you mean by modify the imported TouchGFX project? Do you mean modify the GUI through code (so for example screen1View.cpp and hpp) ? I believe the TouchGFX files you are looking for are under the Application/User/gui/ path and not the Application/User/TouchGFX path.

To add a .c filein CubeIDE you can right click and create a new file, or just create a .c file outside of cubeIDE and put it in the folder. Or are you trying to do something else ? I don't see what you mean from the picture by "duplicated".

"I can't open the layout from STM32CubeIDE because the TouchGFX folder is not shown". What layout ?

Sorry for not understanding your issue properly. This seems to be more CubeIDE related than TouchGFX. You should eddit your Topic tags to include STM32CubeIDE in order to have more visibility on your questions.

/Romain

Hi Romain,

thank you a lot for your answer.

I mean I can't add .c or .h files because then it would not be possible for me to include it in other files (for example, include a Compteur.h I created in User where the main.c is and include it into main.c), as if the original files were in a different location than the file I create ... Thus my ''duplicated".

What I meant is that I can't access the TouchGFX files (like the .touchgfx which can then open the designer).

I already searched for quite a while about using TouchGFX in combination with STM32CubeIDE but it seems like it's not flawless for the moment. Any hint about that?

I added the topic "STM32CubeIDE", thanks!