cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What pins are available for GPIO on STM32F429I-DISCO?

MChap.1
Associate

My initial thought was that while some pins are connected to other peripherals on the discovery board, that they may still be used for GPIO. Is this true, or can a pin not be used for GPIO if connected to a peripheral, even if that peripheral is not used (e.g. SDRAM, gyroscope, etc.).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

It depends on the peripheral. Generally a pin can be used unless an external peripheral is trying to drive it, and in order to make sure the peripheral doesn't talk, you may need to hold a pin in a certain state. I think all peripherals are okay with 3.3V inputs, so shouldn't be a conflict there. The user manual generally lists the conflicts for individual pins.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

It depends on the peripheral. Generally a pin can be used unless an external peripheral is trying to drive it, and in order to make sure the peripheral doesn't talk, you may need to hold a pin in a certain state. I think all peripherals are okay with 3.3V inputs, so shouldn't be a conflict there. The user manual generally lists the conflicts for individual pins.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

That makes a lot of sense. I did see that portion of the manual, so it's mainly a matter of determining which pins are peripheral outputs and how to keep the peripheral from talking. I do need some 5V tolerant pins, but I believe there are enough pins that aren't used with peripherals that I should be fine. Thanks!