cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we think through use cases and debugging tools better?

Think like users, think about how to present diagnostic data that can convey useful information. Use the tools as if you were a User, test basic functionality and interaction so you KNOW it works properly.

Here trying to understand interactions with an External Loader in STM32 Cube Programmer.

I'm fine with one line of information, but put some actual information in that line, ie for a Read the Address and Size would be a MINIMUM.

I'd use Level 3, but the method used for the Logging Window CHOKES when doing a million SMALL reads on a 32MB SPI device when verifying. What controls the size, the H7 has loads of RAM it uses on Writes?

Sorry if I sound frustrated, but I've tried to use these tools for years, they aren't getting markedly better and seem to lack any Quality Assurance or any desire to address basic issues over the span of multiple years.

@brk​ 

0693W000007BY7aQAG.jpg

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

Thanks for your feedback , this type of request really help us to enhance the user experience of our TOOLS 😉

Both request are reported internally and it will be fixed as soon as possible:

• Enhance Verbosity Level 2 : Adding minimum information like size and address
  • Enhance Verbosity Level 3 : Ameliorate the performance to work well with Big data size.

I'm going to mark this response as a Best Answer for now so that other customers with the same issue/feedback can find the relevant information more easily. I will move the Best Answer to my future reply containing the fix once it's been implemented.

Feel free to raise any comment or feedback , they are very helpful.

Houda

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Here grinding along in Level 3, trying to verify an 8MB image 1KB at a time, getting exponentially slower, like the logging method uses a bubble-sort or some continuous malloc/copy to a bigger and bigger buffer to add lines. Window is entirely unresponsive to user interaction, ie scroll, move.

0693W000007BY8OQAW.jpg

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

Thanks for your feedback , this type of request really help us to enhance the user experience of our TOOLS 😉

Both request are reported internally and it will be fixed as soon as possible:

• Enhance Verbosity Level 2 : Adding minimum information like size and address
  • Enhance Verbosity Level 3 : Ameliorate the performance to work well with Big data size.

I'm going to mark this response as a Best Answer for now so that other customers with the same issue/feedback can find the relevant information more easily. I will move the Best Answer to my future reply containing the fix once it's been implemented.

Feel free to raise any comment or feedback , they are very helpful.

Houda

As soon as possible...it's been 3 years now.

Your TOOLS are useful so that people want to build with your PRODUCTS.

Have you added these yet?  It seems like it should be simple to change.  I know if I were to have made this product, it would be simple to change for me.  Any further responses to your TOOL improvements?