cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 (dual core) ADC1/2/3 ressource split

PButc.1
Associate II

Hello,

I have one question regarding the ADC1/2/3 cores for the STM32H7 (dual core solution). Let's say, I would like to split few ADC channels between both ADC cores and Cortex cores. Is it possible to assin channels 1,2,3 for ADC1 core (regular groups) on cortex m4 and channels 4,5,6 on ADC2 (regular groups) on cortex m7? Then the sampling is executed in its core specific context . I have seen on the Cube that you can define the initialzation context which is executed core-specific. However, as that resources is shared between both cores, you could still access it. But anyhow I would like to know if such an approach is feasable to split the channels between the cores (and use them ADC-core specific independantly without any problems) when both cores are running.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

>  channels 1,2,3 for ADC1 core (regular groups) on cortex m4 and channels 4,5,6 on ADC2 (regular groups) on cortex m7?

Yes, you can do this. ADC1 and ADC2 can be used independently, and you can use them on different cores. It doesn't matter which core initializes them, technically, but for readability I'd keep it to the same core that is using it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

>  channels 1,2,3 for ADC1 core (regular groups) on cortex m4 and channels 4,5,6 on ADC2 (regular groups) on cortex m7?

Yes, you can do this. ADC1 and ADC2 can be used independently, and you can use them on different cores. It doesn't matter which core initializes them, technically, but for readability I'd keep it to the same core that is using it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".