cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers for VGG128017-C with STM32F769i-eval

DHone.1
Associate

I'm new to ST products and am trying to run the LCD_DSI_VideoMode_SingleBuffer example on the Eversion VGG128017-C TFT screen. I get the backlight to turn on, but never see anything. Does anyone know of any specific drivers for the VGG128017 family?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @DHone.1​ ,

Welcome on ST Community!

The example LCD_DSI_VideoMode_SingleBuffer is developed in a way that it matches the STM32F769I-EVAL hardware configuration.

It will work properly if you use the DSI to HDMI adapter board (B-LCDAD-HDMI1, MB1232) or the B-LCD40-DSI1 daughterboard (MB1166).

Step to follow to run the example are provided in the readme.txt file:

• Open your preferred toolchain
  • Rebuild all files and load your image into target memory
  • Mount either the KoD LCD pannel (Board MB1166 rev.A) or the DSI-HDMI bridge(Board MB1232 Rev.A) to the DSI connector (CN15). If using the DSI-HDMI bridge then connect a HDMI monitor using a HDMI cable to the MB1232 board. 
  • Run the example

Now that you want to interface a different TFT display, it is required to add VGG128017-C as a new BSP component (under STM32Cube_FW_F7\Drivers\BSP) then adapt the example with these updates.

You can refer to AN4861 LCD-TFT display controller (LTDC) on STM32 MCUs for recommendations on how to use and configure the LTDC peripheral.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.