cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All, Error with "ST Visual Develop". Whenever try to open STVD always gives an error as per attached picture. Could you help me out with this error, as I am new to this platform. Thanks!!!

vshah
Associate II

7 REPLIES 7
WilkoL
Senior

I have collected three solutions for errors in STVD. Unfortunately I forgot what those problems were 🙂 But I guess that it doesn't hurt to try them.

1 - reinstall STVD

2 - download the file ProgrammerAddOn.dll and copy it over the one in the /STVD directory.

3 - follow these instruction:

start cmd as administrator
run

Regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO350.DLL"

Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO350.DLL"

(I tried to upload the ProgrammerAddOn.dll, but I'm not allowed to do so. So you'll have to find it somewhere on this site)

vshah
Associate II

Hi, I already tried with Re-installation part but did not worked for me. Also performed the 2. and 3. point still issue persist.

Thanks!!!

WilkoL
Senior

That's a pity. I have seen the side by side error before but not with STVD. Google pointed me to this page where they seem to suggest that it may be something to do with Microsoft Visual C++

https://www.minitool.com/news/side-by-side-configuration-incorrect.html

LGUIL.1
Associate

Hi, I have the same problem with ST Visual Develop. I have tried all of your solutions but haven't solved the problem. Did you find an other solution ?

Thanks

WilkoL
Senior

Well no, as I do not have that problem.

But when googling about the "side by side" error it seems to be a problem with Microsoft Visual C++.

So I took a look at what I have installed on my Windows10 x64 PC.

It is quite a list, considering that I do not do anything with c++ 😀 .

• Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
  • Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable
  • Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable
  • Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Redistributable
  • Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Redistributable
  • Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x64 Redistributable
  • Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86 Redistributable

Maybe re-installing one of those will help.

LGUIL.1
Associate

Tanks for your answer ! It was a problem with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable. After re-installation, it works !

Thanks for your help !

WilkoL
Senior

Good to hear and thank you for reporting back. I'll add this to my list of known problems and their solutions.