cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker error in TouchGFX project from CubeIDE

Lagodolio
Senior

Hello!

I'm starting to build a new TouchGFX project.

So, as usual, in CubeIDE I activated XCUBE TouchGFX in Software Packs (V 4.16), defined LTDC interface, etc. and generated a new blank interface starting from ApplicationTemplate.touchgfx.part.

The problem is that, after recompiling, an error occurred:

Error: Cannot find the specified linker script. Check the linker settings in the build configuration.

My board is custom STM32H743 and I used STM32H743IITX_FLASH.ld and STM32H743IITX_RAM.ld from my prev projects.

In makefile I have:

# Tool invocations
TEST_0_USB_CDC.elf: $(OBJS) $(USER_OBJS) fail-specified-linker-script-missing
	arm-none-eabi-g++ -o "TEST_0_USB_CDC.elf" @"objects.list" $(USER_OBJS) $(LIBS) -mcpu=cortex-m7 --specs=nosys.specs -Wl,-Map="TEST_0_USB_CDC.map" -Wl,--gc-sections -static -L"C:\Users\TECH\Projects\in_test\TEST_0_USB_CDC_mk3_TouchGFX\Middlewares\ST\touchgfx\lib\core\cortex_m7\gcc" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -u _printf_float -u _scanf_float -Wl,--start-group -lc -lm -lstdc++ -lsupc++ -Wl,--end-group
	@echo 'Finished building target: $@'
	@echo ' '

Look at "TEST_0_USB_CDC.elf: $(OBJS) $(USER_OBJS) fail-specified-linker-script-missing"

In the older project, it was indicated the STM32H743IITX_FLASH.ld file but I'm no able to find where I can set the path in TouchGFX

Can someone help me?

Thanks and best regards,

Mario

1 REPLY 1
Lagodolio
Senior

I solved the problem by manually setting the right path in CubeIde (Properties->C/C++ Build ->Setting ->Tool Settings->MCU G++ Linker ->General . Under "Linker Script I set the path to STM32H743IITX_FLASH.ld .

I don't know why the linker script path was disappeared...