cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DfuSeDemo.exe and STM32CubeProgrammer with the same drivers

mfrank9
Associate III

Hallo

Since i installated STM32CubeProgrammer the DfuseDemo no longer works.

I found out that the driver is the Problem.

0693W000007BG65QAG.jpgWhen i use "STM32 Bootloader" --> STM32Cubeprogrammer find the µC but DfuseDemo don´t.

When i use "STM Device in DFU Mode Version: 3.0.6.1" --> DfuseDemo find the µC but STM32Cubeprogrammer don´t.

In the development department we use stm32cube programmer. However, dfuseDemo is to be used in other departments and by the customer.

Is there a possibility to use both software without changing the driver?

Could the latest versions of the programs agree on one (or both) drivers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @mfrank9​ ,

DfuseDemo and STM32Cubeprogrammer drivers are incompatible so it is not possible use both without changing the driver.

Is there any reason to use DfuseDemo ?

I recommend you to use STM32Cubeprogrammer for all your tests, if there is any limitation when using STM32CubeProgrammer, please come back to us and we will help you.

Houda

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @mfrank9​ ,

DfuseDemo and STM32Cubeprogrammer drivers are incompatible so it is not possible use both without changing the driver.

Is there any reason to use DfuseDemo ?

I recommend you to use STM32Cubeprogrammer for all your tests, if there is any limitation when using STM32CubeProgrammer, please come back to us and we will help you.

Houda

mfrank9
Associate III

Hi

the STM32Cubeprogrammer has no limitation.

But if we send an newer Software to our constumers we need a software which is easy to use.

STM32Cube has some settings where the customer shouldn't change anything.

We need a simple software which can only update the controller without many buttons.

DfuseDemo is perfekt for this case

Ben K
Senior III

I believe the STM32CubeProgrammer has a command line option as well, but I can't really recall the details. I'm not using that software because it only allows to use the ROM bootloader of STM32's, unlike the DfuSeDemo. I did make my own DFU updater, which is open source, and works with the same USB driver as STM32CubeProg: https://github.com/IntergatedCircuits/LibUsbDfu It has a very straightforward command line interface, it couldn't get simpler than that.

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @mfrank9​ ,

Certainly, Cubeprogrammer contains more features but it still easy to use 🙂

If you want to use the software without buttons , the command line STM32CubeProgrammer_CLI is also available with many options , It's possible to do all operations (download, modifying option bytes) using CLI.

regards,

Houda