cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where i can find the LSM6DS3TR-C naming convention in order to understand the logic under the part number

ARash.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @ARash.1​ ,

you can find a descriptive brochure on the meaning of the ST MEMS Sensors' denomination HERE.

0693W000007BCHOQA4.pngIn your case, LSM6DS3TR stands for Linear Sensors Module, 3-Axis AXL + 3-Axis GYR, Digital, "S3" is the family of this specific IMU, packaged in Tape&Reel.

Please let me know if this answered your question.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @ARash.1​ ,

you can find a descriptive brochure on the meaning of the ST MEMS Sensors' denomination HERE.

0693W000007BCHOQA4.pngIn your case, LSM6DS3TR stands for Linear Sensors Module, 3-Axis AXL + 3-Axis GYR, Digital, "S3" is the family of this specific IMU, packaged in Tape&Reel.

Please let me know if this answered your question.

-Eleon

ARash.1
Associate II

Hi Eleon,

Thanks for your response,

Actually I need to know the last letter "-C" represents, to understand the difference between 'LSM6DS3TR-C' & 'LSM6DS3TR'

Regards

Rashid

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Rashid,

LSM6DS3 = LSM6DS3TR and LSM6DS3TR-C are two different devices (from the same family).

The main differences, apart from few registers (such as the user offsets OFS_USR registers), are in the accuracy performances of a few mechanical characteristics of the two devices (you can compare Table 3. of the two datasheets). LSM6DS3TR-C provides high (screened) accuracy.

Please note also that the two part numbers have dedicated drivers (lsm6ds3_STdC and lsm6ds3tr_c_STdC).

-Eleon

ARash.1
Associate II

Okay,

Thanks for you kind support @Eleon BORLINI​ .

Have a good day..

Hi @Eleon BORLINI ,

I want know the difference between the mask of  LSM6DS3TR and LSM6DS3TR-C. I noticed the mask have several options, eg. SH, SE, SF, but I can't find any document about mask. 

SE.png

SH.png

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Zhou JianQiang ,

LSM6DS3TR has "SH" marking, while LSM6DS3TR-C has "SE" one. Each product has its own code, so that you can recognize it univocally (but you should refer to the commercial product definitely).

-Eleon