cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output Compare differences between TIM1 and TIM8 in STM32F767

Renato Valentim
Associate III

Hello.

I want to use TIM8 instead of TIM1 to drive a WS2812B Led Strip together with DMA2 in STM32F767ZI. The code works fine with TIM1 but when I try to switch to TIM8 (which should have the same features), the interrupt handler TIM8_UP_TIM13_IRQHandler does not trigger anymore. Besides renaming everything from TIM1 to TIM8 I know I need to use TIM8_UP_TIM13 instead of TIM1_UP_TIM10 and also the strean/channel tie ins to the DMA2 also change. I have enclosed 2 pieces of code TIM1_WS2812B,c which works and TIM8_WS2812B.c where the TIM8 interrupt does not trigger. Aren't TIM1 and TIM8 suppose to work exactly the same way?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Renato Valentim
Associate III

Hello! I solved it. The problem was I was using still the wrong IRQ Handler for one of the DMA streams. I fixed it and now it works! Thanks! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Troubleshoot as usually with interrupts which don't fire.

JW

TDK
Guru

I don't see you enable the update interrupt anywhere, in either file. HAL_TIM_Base_Start doesn't do it, and neither does __HAL_TIM_ENABLE. Could be missing something.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Renato Valentim
Associate III

Hello! I solved it. The problem was I was using still the wrong IRQ Handler for one of the DMA streams. I fixed it and now it works! Thanks! 🙂