cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenAMP compilation with cpp

SMang.1
Associate II

i am trying to compile the third party OpenAMP folder in IAR with C++ and am facing a lot of errors.

how can these be resolved.

0693W000007B5ZuQAK.png

5 REPLIES 5
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SMang.1​ 

Which version of ecosystem are you using ?

CubeMX version ? Firmware package ?

Thanks

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
JTari.1
Associate II

Hello,

I am facing a similar issue. If i keep my main file with .c extension it works, but except for the generated code, we have entire code base in cpp.

Can you please help

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @JTari.1​ ,

This remind me limitation we got in old version ecosystem V1 :

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu-ecosystem-v1/wiki/STM32CubeMP1_Package_release_note_-_v1.1.0#Known_issues_and_limitations

But their are no more mention in last V3.

So it should works using latest CubeMP1 package V1.4.0

Did you generate your project with CubeMX ?

Did you check if provided exemple in Cube Package are working ?

STM32Cube_FW_MP1_V1.4.0\Projects\STM32MP157C-DK2\Applications\OpenAMP\OpenAMP_raw

STM32Cube_FW_MP1_V1.4.0\Projects\STM32MP157C-DK2\Applications\OpenAMP\OpenAMP_TTY_echo

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
JTari.1
Associate II

Hello,

Thankyou for the reply. i am not using MP1 package but STM32H7 package for dual core microcontrollers. Yes i used the CubeMX to generate the code.

The problem arises because of using c++ instead of c. I guess OpenAMP doesnt support c++. Is there any help on this?

Hi, you mean you work on H7 platform ?

In that case worth to open a new post in STM32H7 community.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN