cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to configure the LIS2DH12 such that INT1 is in a high impedance state? I have a pullup with NO button on same line. LIS2DH12 is unpowered and pulls INT1 to ground.

TBurg.11
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4
TBurg.11
Associate II

NO means Normally Open

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @TBurg.11​ ,

the problem is that if you power off the LIS2DH12 you will no more able to control the INT1 pad status, also in case you could

You have to control it from the application processor...

It could be a little different in case the device is powered on: in this case, you can try to modify the INT1 pin by setting 1 the bit <5> (value | 20h) of reserved register 00h.

-Eleon

Thank you for your suggestion. I am running a datalogger along with this LIS2DH12. My plan was to completely remove power from this chip to maximize the lithium coin cell life. It was my misread of the spec sheet that missed the INT1 as a push-pull output forced to ground. I will try your suggestion with setting Reg 00h (undocumented in DocID025056 Rev 6) to 0x20 and see what happens.

I will also set to low-power mode as described in Section 3.2.1 (2uA) This should minimize battery drain.

If I need to I have the option to cut the INT1 trace and switch the interrupts over to INT2 which has a separate input to the micro.

Hi @TBurg.11​ ,

thank you for the update, it's a good choice.

Please let me know in case of any further progress.

-Eleon