cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746ZG + IHM08M1 not all PWM Channels are used but motor still spinning.

VKost.2
Associate II

Hi!

I am using STM32F746ZG + IHM08M1, I removed all bridges as recommended in Motor Profiler tool, and then I generated a project with Workbech. What I spotted that motor spins not that smooth like with F3 or F4 series.

While testing I found that only CH1, CH3, CH1N channels are used to spinn the motor.

CH2N, CH3N are assigned to pins PE10, PE12 that are not even connected to the IHM08M1.

When I reassign them correctly the motor stops working.

I wanted to use other power board, based on the configuration and code. But now I am not sure how does this work.

Can some one explain why this F746 board is so strangely configured?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @VKost.2​,

in the Motor Profiler tool the configuration for X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 board is available if used only with NUCLEO-F303RE or NUCLEO-F302R8.

If you use a different control board - with STM32F746ZG - you cannot correctly drive the Power board.

[Edit: in my previous tests I was using an old version of Motor Profiler (5.4.3) where the board NUCLEO-F746ZG was not yet present].

If you want to test the X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1I suggest to use a control board compliant with ST tools.

For instance if you want to uso the dedicated X-CUBE-SPN8 software expansion for STM32Cube you can choose among NUCLEO-F302R8 or NUCLEO-F401RE.

Let me know if I answered to your doubts.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @VKost.2​,

in the Motor Profiler tool the configuration for X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 board is available if used only with NUCLEO-F303RE or NUCLEO-F302R8.

If you use a different control board - with STM32F746ZG - you cannot correctly drive the Power board.

[Edit: in my previous tests I was using an old version of Motor Profiler (5.4.3) where the board NUCLEO-F746ZG was not yet present].

If you want to test the X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1I suggest to use a control board compliant with ST tools.

For instance if you want to uso the dedicated X-CUBE-SPN8 software expansion for STM32Cube you can choose among NUCLEO-F302R8 or NUCLEO-F401RE.

Let me know if I answered to your doubts.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been set only to the "STM32 Motor Control" topic (the question is only about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards