cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems after updating to CubeMX 6.1 and Touchgfx 4.16

SKILA
Associate II

Hello,

I have recently decided to try upgrading a project I have originally generated using CubeMx 5.6 and designed using TouchGFX 4.13 to CubeMx 6.1 and TouchGFX 4.16. After some teething problems, I have managed to get it working and running on my custom STM32F7 board. The only problem is that there are about 2 images that when shown on the LCD screen come up with distorted colours.

Any idea what might be causing this?

RegardsSamer

3 REPLIES 3
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hum that is interesting. Is it only 2 images you have that are being distorted ? It does not happen for the other ones ? Does it also distort boxes of different colors ?

Could you share the color depth/ image format / using alpha or not /etc ?

/Romain

SKILA
Associate II

Yes, only two images have this effect. Everything else is absolutely fine. Boxes, circles etc are all good.

This is extracted from the generated image files

// 4.16.0 0x9291f5ce D2 R1 FL8_RGB565 U565 N0 SExtFlashSection EExtFlashSection

By the way, I compared the generated files of 4.13 and 4.16 and they are the same. I guess it has something to do with rendering these images rather than the generation.

Samer

SKILA
Associate II

@Romain DIELEMAN​ I have managed to sort it out by manually setting the image format of these two images to L8_ARGB8888. It was previously set to the default which is L8_RGB565 / L8_ARGB8888. To be honest, I don't know the exact criteria that define an image to be opaque or non-opaque (transparency?) my guess is that in touchgfx 4.13 it chose the non-opaque image format for these two files while 4.16 chose the opaque format.

I know I have a solution but still very interested in knowing why this has happened...