cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create application template for custom board in TouchGFX?

kvkhekale
Associate II

Hello All,

I am trying to create application template for STM32F429ZIT Discovery custom board. Can anyone guide me with the proper steps?

I have also done with the manual copying of the SDRAM addresses from the working project to my project.

But now I am looking for a standardized procedure.

I have referred the link:

https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/scenarios/scenarios-create-at

But it is useful only when creating TouchGFX project.

Please guide me regarding CubeMX and CubeIDE steps.

3 REPLIES 3
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

What do you mean by "useful only when creating TouchGFX project" ? The idea behind an application template and TouchGFX is that, when you create a project within TouchGFX Designer and select the application template, a CubeMX and CubeIDE project are generated.

Do you mean that you are looking to create an application template that you can select directly from CubeMX for projects that will not be using TouchGFX ? If yes I have no clue sorry 😅You should change the topic tags and add CubeMX and CubeIDE in order to have more visibility.

/Romain

Hello @Romain DIELEMAN​ what I meant to say is as follows:

1. I create TouchGFX project using standard application template for say STM32F429 Discovery board. In this case everything, including ili9341 driver initialization code and SDRAM address macros are updated inside main.c file.

2.I create my own application template using below link and create application template. Now if I use this template, then I cannot generate above stated information regarding SDRAM and ili9341 driver related code.

https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/scenarios/scenarios-create-at

What am I lacking? Can you please guide?

I dont want to manually copy the code needed for TouchGFX from the reference project. It should be generated from the software itself.

How can I prepare application template keeping this in mind?

Hum then you must not have successfully created an application template. The whole point is that the main.c, drivers, sdram, and other configurations are saved so that you can create new TouchGFX projects without having to do those modifications again.

Could you share what your project folder looks like ?