cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25RU3993-eval - WRITE AND READ

PImbr.1
Associate

Need help!

I am unable to write or read an RFID TAG using the st25ru3993-eval. I'm not finding much information!

Can someone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cedric Dalban
ST Employee

Hello Plmbr,

I assume your concern is with GUI.

If so, you can find the ST RFID UHF reader suite User Manual on ST site (UM2268) which describes among other things how to read and write a tag:

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/st25-nfc-rfid-software/stsw-st25ru001.html#documentation

For your info, a new version of this doc is planned to be delivered soon, the available version is anyway correct on how to read/write a tag with the GUI.

If your concern is how to read / write a tag from provided API (STUHFL),

please have a look to the provided demos into the STUHFL package (directory: ...\Applications\STUHFL_demo\STUHFL_demo).

The document ...\Documents\Application-STUHFL_demo.chm describes each test.

best regards,

Cedric.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cedric Dalban
ST Employee

Hello Plmbr,

I assume your concern is with GUI.

If so, you can find the ST RFID UHF reader suite User Manual on ST site (UM2268) which describes among other things how to read and write a tag:

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/st25-nfc-rfid-software/stsw-st25ru001.html#documentation

For your info, a new version of this doc is planned to be delivered soon, the available version is anyway correct on how to read/write a tag with the GUI.

If your concern is how to read / write a tag from provided API (STUHFL),

please have a look to the provided demos into the STUHFL package (directory: ...\Applications\STUHFL_demo\STUHFL_demo).

The document ...\Documents\Application-STUHFL_demo.chm describes each test.

best regards,

Cedric.

PImbr.1
Associate

Thank you for your help. I have successfully created a use for the board.

One information I didn't find was how to create a function to change the EPC of the tag.

Would you help me?

Cedric Dalban
ST Employee

Hello,

writing the EPC is similar to writing data in User Area (appropriate bank has to be used),

please have a look to the demo function demo_gen2Write().

Some hints, assuming you write a Gen2 EPC:

• first setup the Select on tag TID to have only your tag responding whatever the EPC
  • write word per word your new EPC starting from wordPtr=0x02 in the area memBank=GEN2_MEMORY_BANK_EPC.
  • In case EPC length is modified:
    • Read memory content, stored in variable readData, at wordPtr=0x01 in the area memBank=GEN2_MEMORY_BANK_EPC (this location contains EPC length)
    • Write new EPC length at wordPtr=0x01 in the area memBank=GEN2_MEMORY_BANK_EPC with following rule:
      • writeData.data[0] = (uint8_t)(((newEpcLen >> 1U) << 3U) | (readData.data[0] & 0x07));
      • writeData.data[1] = readData.data[1];

Your EPC is updated.

regards,

Cedric.