cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different HW-Versions of ST-Link/V2

Eric_Z
Associate II

Hello Forum,

recently I bought me a new ST-Link/V2 to program and debug a STM32L4. I tried to connect the programmer with the MCU, but it didn't work. Now I tried it with a different programmer and I could establish a connection to the STM32L4. After that I tried to connect the new programmer with a STM32G0 and this also works.

Version of new programmer: ST-Link/V2 A2020 03

Version of old programmer: ST-Link/V2 B2017 15

Both programmers have the same Firmware Version.

Could anyone please tell me where the error is?

Kind regards

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eric_Z
Associate II

Hello,

thank you for your answers. But a few weeks ago I talked to an ST employee and showed him the schematic of the STML4. I forgot the 100 nF capacitor at Reset...

Kind regards

Eric

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Carefully and double check all connections, USB cables and USB ports, I do not think there is a real functional difference in both versions.

Are these authentic or clones?

Watch that you're powering pins 1 or 2 with VTarget so as to power the buffers.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

"Are these authentic or clones?"

+1

If you've got cheap clones like this from ebay or the like:

0693W000007EoJJQA0.pngbeware that there are at least two different pinouts on otherwise identical-looking products!

EDIT

Here you go:

0693W000007EoKCQA0.pngClick the image to enlarge - Look carefully at the two pinouts!

Eric_Z
Associate II

Hello,

thank you for your answers. But a few weeks ago I talked to an ST employee and showed him the schematic of the STML4. I forgot the 100 nF capacitor at Reset...

Kind regards

Eric

Thanks for the update - it would have been helpful if you had said that earlier!

So that the forum shows the issue as solved, please 'Select as Best' on your answer:

0693W000007EqSXQA0.pngThen the 'Answered' flag will be shown in the forum listings:

0693W000007EqUJQA0.png