cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 L0 + Win10 : How to detect the chip through the USB port?

CMARY.1
Associate

I have STM32L073RZ. I'd like to load my code through the USB connection (PA11 and PA12 pins). When I use the Nucelo Board NUCLEO-L073RZ the Peripheral Manager detects the board as "STMicroelectronics STLink Virtual COM Port COM6)". I would like to bypass the Nucleo and use my own stand-alone STM32L073RZ on a personnalized PCB. The data lines D+ and D- are connected to PA11 and PA12, and Vbus powers the STM32. The flash is working through SWDIO/SWCLK, but not through USB. The STM32L073RZ is not detected by my Peripheral Manager and so neither by DfuSe or STM Programmer. Do I have to install some specific driver for USB detection? Or a virtual ST-Link? The STSW-STM32102 package seems no longer working for Win10. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
CMARY.1
Associate

In my device peripheral manager, I have no COM ports detected, but I have an USB port detectec called "STM32 download firmware update". I requested the following package : X-CUBE-SBSFU - Secure boot & secure firmware update software expansion for STM32Cube - STMicroelectronics

Is there any tutorial somewhere to set up the corresponding environment for USB flash for STM32L073RZ with Win10? I already wrote a bootloader code, my issue is the USB detection with DfuSe or STM Programmer.

TDK
Guru

To start the DFU bootloader, the chip needs to be put into bootloader mode by shorting BOOT0 to 3.3V while toggling reset. Once in bootloader mode, you can flash using STM32CubeProgrammer.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

>  but I have an USB port detectec called "STM32 download firmware update".

This means that your bootloader (or the STM32 embedded bootloader, so called "System ROM") is active on USB and Windows sees it.

No other drivers are needed.

If it is your own code and it does not work with Cube Programmer, debug it.

(I don't know what is the state of the DfuSe -is it updated for Win10 or not...)

>  I requested the following package : X-CUBE-SBSFU

This is not required for use of DFU protocol.

Unless you're sure you need it, you probably don't need it.

-- pa