cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gcnano-binaries 6.4.3 broken

Artem
Associate III

Hello,

will there be updates to the gcnano-binaries?

The latest version (6.4.3) seems to be broken.

When trying to start the cog browser (wpewebkit based) it crashes on eglCreateWaylandBufferFromImageWL.

After reverting to gcnano 6.4.1 it is working again. Also RDP screen-share is broken in weston with gcnano version 6.4.3 but working with 6.4.1.

4 REPLIES 4
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Artem​ ,

Thanks for you post.

We integrate and validate gcnano version 6.4.3 in V2.1 (openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-11-12) while gcnano 6.4.1 was in V2.0 (openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24)

What version are you using ?

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello,

I am not using openstlinux. The system is build using buildroot-2020.11.1 with kernel v5.4-stm32mp-r2.1.

Can you please check if the cog browser (or any other webbrowser) is working for you? Or maybe I need to update some other dependency packages?

Artem
Associate III

After some more test I found the issue:

For cog browser there is a patch witch makes it work with gcnano-binaries 6.4.3:

https://github.com/Igalia/cog/commit/f5c32a0d0b282eea9070e55a4823d3697d18e09c

However the was some breakage in gcnano as the previous version did not required this patch...

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Artem​ ,

Thanks to raise this point.

Issue confirmed and escalated for fix.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.