cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does STM32CubeMX supports SafeRTOS?

JJ1
Associate II

It is well known that STM32Cube IDE & MX both has quiet good support for FreeRTOS, but my question is a bit different and related to SafeRTOS, I'm just wondering if ST has support for SafeRTOS as well or not?!

I'm well aware that SafeRTOS comes with license and we have license for the same, with proper license if ST can provide support on Cube MX for development with SafeRTOS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello JJ,

As you have mentioned in your post, and since SafeRTOS is licenced, it is not supported by STM32CubeMX. I doubt that it will be supported in the near future.

What ST offers is a certified X-CUBE-STL, which is a functional safety package for STM32 microcontrollers in systems implementing safety functions up to IEC 61508 safety integrity level SIL2/SIL3.

Hope this will answer your question.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello JJ,

As you have mentioned in your post, and since SafeRTOS is licenced, it is not supported by STM32CubeMX. I doubt that it will be supported in the near future.

What ST offers is a certified X-CUBE-STL, which is a functional safety package for STM32 microcontrollers in systems implementing safety functions up to IEC 61508 safety integrity level SIL2/SIL3.

Hope this will answer your question.

Khouloud.

Hi JJ,

I wonder if my post answers your question, if this this case, please click on the Select as Best button on my reply . This will help other members of the community find this solution more quickly 🙂

Khouloud.