cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enable the DMA2D to have TouchGFX framework using it underneath the hood instead of using the CPU ???

AGama.1
Associate II

I am using STM32H747I-DISCO and trying to enable DMA2D so that TouchGFX framework uses it for rendering and displaying images on the LCD instead of using the CPU.

TouchGFX Designer 4.15.0 does not generate project files for my board (It supports lots of boards and generate project files automatically except for 3 boards and mine is one of them). However, I designed my application and imported the generated files to STM32CubeIDE project and it is working.

Things are going slow by using the CPU. I tried to use the STM32H7DMA class but could not know exactly what to configure in it. All what I done is having touchgfx_init function as follows:

0693W000006I7mMQAS.png 

0693W000006I7mWQAS.png 

So,

1- What also should be done ?

2- How can I make sure 100% that DMA2D is being used not the CPU ? What can be a clear indication to know such a thing ?

3- I read here that "DMA2D cannot be used to transfer data to H750VBT6" (Even if the board contains this module) and I do not know why and I am afraid that this applies also to my board. how can I know ?

0 REPLIES 0