cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error including the CMSIS include files in the STM32CubeIDE

PPoob.1
Associate III

Hi all

I am having difficulties adding the CMSIS include libraries in the cube IDE, when I attempt to build the project I am getting error messages about files that are already included in the "path and symbols" -> "includes directory". For example the "arm_math.h" library.

0693W000006I5HMQA0.jpgbut I have already included the CMSIS DSP include library which has the "arm_math.h" file in the "Path and symbols"-> "includes directory" section.

as seen here :

0693W000006I5HqQAK.jpg 

could anyone help me regarding this issue ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PPoob.1
Associate III

hi knarfB

I have found the solution to the build errors. you were right, i was due to the GNU C include directory not having the includes in them.

This is for all the lost souls who might find this helpful.

First go to add the include libraries in both the GNU C and GNC C++ include libraries just in case.

The second is, the reason I was getting "multiple definition" errors was. In the include folder, there was a function that has another "include "..." " in them. like this 0693W000006I5kJQAS.jpgonce I commented out this includes file, the "multiple definition" error went away

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KnarfB
Principal III

You're showing the include paths for C++ but the errors are in .c files ?

this is because i renamed my main.c file to main.cpp in and changed my main file that was meant to be in c to c++

KnarfB
Principal III

But the .c files like arm_softmaxq15.c show the errors.

I just added the included in the GNU C include directories as well as the GNU C++, while now I am seemingly no longer getting the "arm_math.h" error, I am now getting error stating " multiple definition of `arm_*'" functions 0693W000006I5UzQAK.jpgcould this be because i have included in both the GNU C and GNU C++ include directories ?

Edit: nope when I removed the include in the GNU C++ leaving only the include in the GNU C, I am getting back the "arm_math.h" no such file error

0693W000006I5WRQA0.jpgthis is the error message on the console window

PPoob.1
Associate III

hi knarfB

I have found the solution to the build errors. you were right, i was due to the GNU C include directory not having the includes in them.

This is for all the lost souls who might find this helpful.

First go to add the include libraries in both the GNU C and GNC C++ include libraries just in case.

The second is, the reason I was getting "multiple definition" errors was. In the include folder, there was a function that has another "include "..." " in them. like this 0693W000006I5kJQAS.jpgonce I commented out this includes file, the "multiple definition" error went away