cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Kernel Boot and eMMC not responding correctly

SigmaPrime
Senior

Hello

In many instances (TF-A, U-Boot, Kernel, FlashLayout_emmc.tsv ...) it is assumed that there is an SD card called "mmc0" and optionally an eMMC "mmc1". Now we ONLY have an eMMC and NO SD. This means that the eMMC is called "mmc0" and not "mmc1". As a result, U-Boot does not boot the correct kernel, the kernel cannot find the root partition, the wrong mmc1 is in the flash layout_emmc, etc.

I "just" have to look how to get the patches into the Yocto build system. I have another place where I overwrite the "boot_instance" with 0 in the source code. I would prefer a corresponding configuration so that the source code does not have to be patched. It is not yet clear to me who sets the "boot_instance". In boot mode 0xb010, this is 1 and is then translated (incorrectly) into mmc1 in "bootcmd". U-Boot recognizes the eMMC as mmc0, which means that the UBoot environment cannot be read because it is expected on mmc1.

Does anyone have a solution?

1 REPLY 1
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SigmaPrime​ ,

You have to change "aliases" in uboot DTS to map correctly mmc label and device.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.