cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset the discovery kit to the defalut setting

LChiu.2
Associate

Hi,

I would like to know how to reset the discovery kit to the default setting?

And how do I know about the current setting (write protection is enabled/disabled)in the discovery kit?

The reason is that,

I suddenly can't run anything on my board(even just an LED toggle), I am confused about what I have done.

The only thing I remember is to set the write protection address by the STM32CubeProgrammer as the photo. Is it caused by this?

0693W000006HeWyQAK.png 

I have tried this, but it seems didn't work.

1.Full chip erase by STM32CubeProgrammer

2.Download STM32 ST-LINK Utility, but it's can't connect to my board.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Bouraoui Chemli
ST Employee

Hi @LChiu.2​ 

Which discovery Kit do you use?

What do you mean by "I suddenly can't run anything on my board", you can't load any code, you can't debug...?

From your STM32CubeProgrammer screen shot there is no write protection enabled.

Can you confirm that the full chip was erased by STM32CubeProgrammer but did not solve the issue?

Bouraoui

Hi Bouraoui,

Thanks for your reply.

I use STM32L562 discovery kit. Everything going well before I set the option bytes like the previous photo(this is the only thing I remember...). After setting that, even just a very simple code(only toggle LED and printf), consoles says "download successful" but nothing happened, no LED no printf. I think maybe setting some protection so I set RDP to LV1 and try to downgrade to LV0 to erase the flash. And the CubeProgrammer gives me this error:"initializing option bytes failed". I have used to shorted BOOT0 and VDD and press the reset button, the error:"unknown device" is shown. I have no idea what can I do now. May you help me?

Thank you very much.

0693W000007B1WNQA0.png0693W000007B1WIQA0.png