cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anybody send me example code of how to read BMP image from sd card and print it to display using STM32 FatFS

Ajeth.11
Associate III

5 REPLIES 5

Try the CubeH7 repository..

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32H743I-EVAL\Applications\Display\LTDC_PicturesFromSDCard

other FatFs examples

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32H743I-EVAL\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_uSD_Standalone

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Ajeth.11
Associate III

Thank You for your answer

Can i use the Eink display ?

Ajeth.11
Associate III

Thanks For your reply

I am working on 7.8 Inch Eink paper Display , the eink paper display interfaced with STM32L4 Nucleo Board , the board Flash Memory is 1 MB but when i am Converting BMP image into C Array Using Bmpcvt Software then this c Array Add into our code the flash memory is 70% used in only one image so i am trying to get BMP image from SD Card and load the BMP image to display . so can you please tell me it is possible or not

if possible Can you please share the any Example code for STM32L4 Nucleo Board to get BMP Image And Load to display it is very helpful.

>>so can you please tell me it is possible or not

If these things are interfaced suitably I don't see why it is not possible.

You'll tend to be responsible for writing the drivers, and porting code from other ST boards and platforms to facilitate this.

ST's examples tend to revolve around hardware they ship, ie DISCO and EVAL boards, and not assorted random hardware you might assemble yourself.

Certainly within the family of L4 series parts ST has code of SD Cards, Fat Fs, screens, and frame buffers you can unpack your BMP data into.

In the past I've posted BMP tools for a number of colour depth formats that encompass. ST has probably damaged/destroyed some of that content in several of the forum migrations.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Ajeth.11
Associate III

thanks for your response

i am porting the example : STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32H743I-EVAL\Applications\Display\LTDC_PicturesFromSDCard

to STM32L4 Nucleo and check that is work or not

any suggestion of your please tell me.