cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the layout of the .tsv file?

MWors.1
Associate II

I'm updating a .tsv file, used by the CubeProgramer to program a STM32MP DK1. The file I'm looking at contains:

#Opt	Id	Name	Type	IP	Offset	Binary
-	0x01	fsbl1-boot	Binary	none	0x0	arm-trusted-firmware/tf-a-stm32mp157a-dk1-serialboot.stm32
-	0x03	ssbl-boot	Binary	none	0x0	bootloader/u-boot-stm32mp157a-dk1-trusted.stm32
P	0x04	fsbl1	Binary	mmc0	0x00004400	arm-trusted-firmware/tf-a-stm32mp157a-dk1-trusted.stm32
P	0x05	fsbl2	Binary	mmc0	0x00044400	arm-trusted-firmware/tf-a-stm32mp157a-dk1-trusted.stm32
PD	0x06	ssbl	Binary	mmc0	0x00084400	bootloader/u-boot-stm32mp157a-dk1-trusted.stm32
P	0x21	boot	System	mmc0	0x00284400	st-image-bootfs-openstlinux-weston-stm32mp1.ext4
P	0x22	vendorfs	FileSystem	mmc0	0x04284400	st-image-vendorfs-openstlinux-weston-stm32mp1.ext4
P	0x23	rootfs	FileSystem	mmc0	0x05284400	st-image-weston-openstlinux-weston-stm32mp1.ext4
P	0x24	userfs	FileSystem	mmc0	0x33C84400	st-image-userfs-openstlinux-weston-stm32mp1.ext4

I'm trying to understand the file's contents and how to modify it correctly.

1) Is there any documentation on this file?

2) From playing with the file it seems, the "fsbl1-boot" and "ssbl-boot", appear to be an initial load used to flash the rest of the board. Is that correct?

3) When preparing images, how are the fsbl1-boot/ssbl-boot generated? When I ran a bootloader build, the output seemed to have been:

u-boot      u-boot.cfg.configs  u-boot.lds        u-boot.srec       u-boot.sym
u-boot.bin  u-boot.dtb          u-boot.map        u-boot.stm32
u-boot.cfg  u-boot-dtb.bin      u-boot-nodtb.bin  u-boot.stm32.log

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @MWors.1​ ,

1) Did you visit our wiki ? eg https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32CubeProgrammer_flashlayout ?

2) Yes, right

3) This is output of uboot build. u-boot.stm32 can be used as ssbl-boot and ssbl.

For fsbl1 it's generated by TF-A with specific flavor "serialboot" for fsbl1-boot.

This is automatically generated when compiling tf-a with SDK

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @MWors.1​ ,

1) Did you visit our wiki ? eg https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32CubeProgrammer_flashlayout ?

2) Yes, right

3) This is output of uboot build. u-boot.stm32 can be used as ssbl-boot and ssbl.

For fsbl1 it's generated by TF-A with specific flavor "serialboot" for fsbl1-boot.

This is automatically generated when compiling tf-a with SDK

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the input @Community member​ 

For #1 that was the documentation I was looking for. Thank you.

For #3, Is there more information of compiling tf-a? I'm currently only using the standalone toolchain against the u-boot/kernel code base to generate images. Is the fsbl1 *only* generated via this "TF-A" process?

Thanks.

-Mike

Hi @MWors.1​ ,

For #3 I guess you will found all you need there :

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP1_Developer_Package#Installing_the_TF-A

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN