Installation prompt failed to initialize plug-in directory

Zxals.1
Associate II

0693W000006HOm7QAG.png[,],\stm32cubeide\d\c\c\用户\c

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Hi, Zxals.1,

most of the users on this forum speak English. That's why I asked Google to translate your request, hopefully correct:

Excuse me, the installation of stm32cubeide prompts how to solve this problem. The installation file is stored in the root directory of the d disk. The administrator folder in the user directory of my c disk is in Chinese. Does this have an impact?

Possible answer:

It looks like you are installing in a customized folder: \stm32cubeide\d\c\c\用户\c

Please try to install STM32CubeIDE into a folder with minimum number of ANSI characters, e.g. C:\ST. The reason for this is the very long path length that the Eclipse and GNU GCC tools already contain.

Good luck!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Zxals.1
Associate II

ok think you

好的,�?�常感谢。我使用�??称 st 在�?盘 d 上定义了文件夹,然�?�将安装包放入该文件夹,然�?��?�击它。但我还是�??出了这个问题。这与�?盘 C 的用户的中文管�?�员目录有关�?�?

OK, thank you very much. I defined the folder on disk d with the name st, then put the installation package in it, and then double-click it. But I still prompted that question. Does this have anything to do with the Chinese administrator directory of the user of Disk C, the default disk of my system

It doesn't matter where you put the installation package.

However, where you install the package is pretty important, i.e. the target folder of the installation. This destination folder is what I meant before.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.