cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find the STSW-GPT001V1.bin file?

SZamm.1
Associate II

I am working with the NUCLEO-F401RE board with the ST link connection and I have connected the SWD cables to the STEVAL GPT001V1 energy harvesting watch dev kit. I am following the user manual and it says I have to use this .bin file but I cannot find it anywhere.

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @SZamm.1​ ,

the section of the site hosting the STSW-GPT001V1 should be currently under maintenance now so the STSW-GPT001V1.bin is currently not availabe, let me please check internally.

You can however find several application .bin files compatible with the STEVAL-GPT001V1 (that mounts the SensorTile cradle board). The two suggested are:

• FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1, which is the general firmware package for the Sensortile board -> you can choose for example the ALLMEMS1_ST_BL.bin that enables you to send sensor data via BLE (folder \Projects\Multi\Applications\ALLMEMS1\Binary\STM32L476RG-SensorTile);
  • FP-SNS-MOTENV1, STM32Cube function pack for IoT node with BLE connectivity and environmental and motion sensors.

-Eleon

SZamm.1
Associate II

Thank you @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

If it is possible, would you be able to post here or send me the STSW-GPT001V1.bin file? I was hoping to test the firmware due to it's ability to enter a low consumption mode (sleep mode) in case the app is closed (BLE network processor inactive) and after one minute of inactivity of the SensorTile module accelerometer as well as it's other features.

I was also wondering if you knew if st utility is able to write the firmware on the sensortile so that when power is lost it does not 'forget' the firmware? I created a bin file to test it on atmosphere IoT and put it on the sensortile but noticed that once I disconnected the energy harvesting watch from either my nucleoboard or my pc it caused bluetooth to disconnect from the mobile application (also made on atmosphere IoT). When I disconnected the battery, it also seemed as though the firmware I had put onto the sensortile was gone and it wasn't being recognized by my computer anymore.

-Samantha Z

Hi Samantha,

unfortunately I cannot publicly share you the STSW-GPT001V1.bin file, since it is subjected to License Agreement. Could you please share me your target application, your timeline, and the volume of your biz (I see you are from an university, right?). Also via private message, if you prefer.

>> I was also wondering if you knew if st utility is able to write the firmware on the sensortile so that when power is lost it does not 'forget' the firmware?

The GPT001V1 tool is based on the STEVAL-STLCS01V1 sensortile board, and the onboard STM32L476JG has an embedded 1 Mbyte Flash memory, that is deputed to the firmware storage... did you correctly downloaded your firmware on the board?

-Eleon

SZamm.1
Associate II

@Eleon BORLINI​  Thanks! I just send you a private message