cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE is not connecting to the internet.

ADaxa.1
Associate II

I had several versions of the IDE installed on my machine but none of them could connect to the internet to update or load code. I keep getting the error message "In order to benefit from best experience a network connection is required. Do you want to set connection parameter now?". At first I thought it was because Norton was blocking the the applications through the firewall but I uninstalled Norton and installed the IDE again but that didn't fix the problem. I installed the IDE on my brothers machine which doesn't have Norton and it worked fine on there. I also have used different networks in the past 2 months so that cant be it. Can anyone please help?

10 REPLIES 10
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

What are your settings in

• Window > Preferences > Network Connections
  • Window > Preferences > STM32Cube > Firmware Updater?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ADaxa.1
Associate II

0693W000006HPleQAG.jpg

What about the settings from the first point (Network Connections)?

You can also reach them by clicking Network Connections in the screen above.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

0693W000006HTJZQA4.jpg

Any ideas by any chance?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Setting the Active Provider to Native is usually fine.

If you are connected to the Internet without a proxy, you can test whether setting to Direct is working for you. Please Apply after setting and test the connection using Check Connection in Firmware Updater.

Instead set Active Provider to Manual and set the required parameters (host, port, user, pwd) if you are behind a proxy. It might also be a good idea to set these parameters and test Active Provider with Native again.

Regards

/Peter

I tried your suggestions and nothing seems to have changed. Ill try to contact Microsoft to try to resolve the problem. Thanks for your help anyways.

KHe.1
Associate II

Hi ADaxa.1, 

Did you resolve it? How did you make it to work? I have the same issue. Thank you!

mattias norlander
ST Employee

Would be interesting to see if you have any log messages that we can associate with these problems.

Please have a look your workspace\.metadata\

You should find two files:

• One called .log, produced by CubeIDE/Eclipse/...
  • Another called ide.log, produced by CubeMX

Can you have a look at these logs? When doing that try again to perform the log-in and notice exactly at what time you did the log-in attempt in order to be able to map the time with the time stamps in the log-files. Then we should know exactly which log-messages (if any) was produced by the log-in feature...