cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cubef7_v1-16-0.zip stops downloading with Forbidden

JGort.1
Associate II

The software almost finishes download and then quits with forbidden. This is using chrome on Windows 10. I am trying to learn the F767ZI that I just received. Ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

From within CubeMX/IDE or via the CubeF7 page here?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Thanks for the reply! And happy western new year!
It was from the Web Page. In the IDE it simply tells me I am missing the examples. There is an icon that 'looks' like it should download the zip in the IDE. But it is not clickable. Otherwise it it wants a location of the files locally. Which of course I do not have.
I was really hoping, based on the 'SIMPLE' instructions on the packaging of the STM32F767 Nucleo-144 that this would be a pleasant experience. So far, I've found the web site to be bug riddled, slow, and downright confusing. But hey... what do I know?
From the card in the package: "The demo software and several software examples that allow you to use the STM32 Nucleo features are available at http://www.st.com/stm32nucleo."
Not true. That throws you into advertisement for STM instead of a direct link to downloading a dev kit with examples. And then they recommend commercial IDEs. For a simple eval? 
So far I am not impressed with ANYTHING about STM other than the actual hardware. 
Sorry to rant... but they claim it is so easy to get started...

Chrome seems to loop the download here, at around 1GB. Firefox faired a little better.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1som6MuzWWHrOtN6DWaWSeEpsBUXXcKn2/view?usp=sharing

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JGort.1
Associate II

Thank you! That is / was the issue apparently. Chrome just kept stopping right at the end.

Rather than starting a new thread (or may I should). The default firmware on the board I just opened allows one to press the user button and change which LED is lit and rate of that LED.

Now I know that's silly and anyone can do it, but for the life of me going through the examples (yes the GPIO examples) I do not see that firmware code. Oh I see some firmware that blinks a single LED or changed that rate, but not the three of them. Again it's silly, but the demonstration firmware in the ZIP does not control all three LEDs via the button. Just one. And the demonstration firmware I downloaded in the zip will use a TFT display if there is one. I tried a TFT display on the new board (nucleo-144) and it does not display anything. I suspect because what is running on the board is not the same as the claimed demonstration code in the zip file. Does anyone know the location/name of the code that seems to be running on the board from the factory?

Happy New Year !