cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swdio no target connected -> Error flash download failed

JDirk.1
Senior

Hi,

i have problems to program my STM32F446. It was working some time before but today it didnt. by clicking download code to flash memory i get an error message, saying "error flash download failed" after that directly following "Error: Flash Download failed - target DLL has been cancelled".

Set up was not changed in the meanwhile. A sesond board is working perfectly -> same setup. I recognized that the firmware is going into an error once started. It monitors the I2C Bus and is not able to send data (bus busy), the programm stops there. UART is working, i get a message on the terminal (printf) indicating where the code stops working. I want to flash a new programm but i fail ... connecting to the second board and everythings works, therefore i cant believe my connections are wrong. Has it something to do with the fact, the the STM is going into a hard fault or something as soon as getting VCC connected and from there i have no chance to reach him?

I am using:

ST-LINK/V2-1, programming via swd

IDE-Version:

µVision V5.28.0.0

Tool Version Numbers:

Toolchain:    MDK-Lite Version: 5.28.0.0

Toolchain Path:  C:\Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCC\Bin

C Compiler:     Armcc.exe    V5.06 update 6 (build 750)

Assembler:     Armasm.exe    V5.06 update 6 (build 750)

Linker/Locator:   ArmLink.exe    V5.06 update 6 (build 750)

Library Manager:  ArmAr.exe    V5.06 update 6 (build 750)

Hex Converter:   FromElf.exe    V5.06 update 6 (build 750)

CPU DLL:        SARMCM3.DLL     V5.28.0.0

Dialog DLL:     TCM.DLL       V1.36.2.0

Target DLL:       STLink\ST-LINKIII-KEIL_SWO.dll   V3.0.6.0

Dialog DLL:     TCM.DLL       V1.36.2.0

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

Select connect under reset in STM32CubeProgrammer, or hold BOOT0 high while connecting, then erase the flash to get things back to normal.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
JDirk.1
Senior

Thanks for your reply! i wish you a happy new year!

i tried connect under reset as well as normal, both not working. As long as under SW Device an Error -> no target connected is show, each connection failed.

BOOT0 is not reachable to me anymore as the device is covered by epoxy.

Is there any other chance to brind it back to normal?