LBaer.2
Associate II

Hello,

I'm working with:

NUCLEO-G070RB

X-NUCLEO-IKS02A1

STM32CubeMX

STM32CubeIDE

Is there anywhere I can find the required STM32CubeMX settings to use the various X-CUBE-MEMS1 examples? I've downloaded everything in the last week so all the versions should be the latest.

I'm trying to build both IKS02A1_DataLogFusion and IKS02A1_Ecompass and having a very similar issue with both. Both projects generate code and compile fine. When I load the code and run it on the board they have the same problem.

Specifically with Ecompass the code makes it to the while(1) in main.c then it goes

MX_MEMS_Process()

MX_ECompass_Process()

if(UART_ReceivedMSG...

Once it gets to the UART_ReceivedMSG it ends up going to HardFaultHandler

The same thing happens with the DataLogFusion program. The function names are different but it's pretty much the same flow.

What am I doing wrong here? What is the board expecting to receive over UART? The code starts to mention DMA. Are there DMA requirements for this? If so, how do I set them up?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
LBaer.2
Associate II

Alright,

I've continued working this. Do IKS02A1_DataLogFusion and IKS02A1_Ecompass require the use of the Unicleo-GUI? That's my best guess. Are the boards looking to receive something over UART from the Unicleo-GUI?

I've tried many times to get them to connect to Unicleo-GUI but the board never shows up in the "Select Port:" box. When I check the "List All COM ports" option the COM port shows up but the board never loads.

Any ideas here would be appreciated.

Thanks

LBaer.2
Associate II

Alright. Problem solved.

I was working off the Getting started with the STMicroelectronics X-CUBE-MEMS1 document.

I had been following section 7.2 Use of MEMS Library with sample applications

I needed to work off of section 7.4 Use of MEMS Library with middleware applications

Hopefully my mistake saves someone else time!

Along this topic, is the actual source code for the middleware libraries available?