cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB BLE Stop Mode Power Consumption

TGUCL.1
Associate III

Hi

I`m investigationg the power consumption on P-NUCLEO-WB55 USB Dongle board and how to reduce it. 

I `m measuring the consumption with X-Nucleo-LPM01A board using STM32CubeMonitor-Power tool

I`ve built and downloaded the v1.10 P2PServer project to the usb dongle with default options. FUS are BLE stack both udpated to the latest

I just added BSP_LED_On(LED_RED);in PWR_EnterStopMode function to see if Cpu1 is actually entering stop mode and it is as I can verify by RED led.

Here are the results whilst (1) BLE Advertising (2) Advertising stopped and no client connected

(1) Approximately 16mA

0693W000006HEu6QAG.jpg 

(2)Approximately 7.7mA

0693W000006HEuBQAW.jpgAs far as I understand from other posts in the forum and AN5289 (Rev4 - Chapter 4.3 Figure 6) we don`t need to implement a custom LP Handler except disabling debugger and tracing from app_conf.h

Also CPU2 has its own power manager and we should not try to force it to stop mode from CPU1.

When I disabled CFG_DEBUGGER_SUPPORTED , it didn`t make any difference with the readings.

Could you please let me know what I`m missing because these readings are quite high and it seemed to me board is not really entering stop mode.

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0