cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

53L0-SATEL-I1 not working with level shifter ic.

DChau.2
Associate

Hi,

I am using 53L0-SATEL-I1 with my nxp imx6ul board. This sensor is not working and not detecting on i2c bus address 0x29. I have checked wiring and code all is fine.

I am connecting sensor on 10 pin connector and voltage given is 3.3v also checked with 5v.

I have also checked this sensor with 4.7k pull-up but issue is not solved.

U can check signal of i2c , image is attached.

One thing is noted that sensor is working with removing level shifter from vl53l0x and directly connect vl53l0x with board.

To do that i removed r7-r14 resistor and suppling 2.8v to board.

then the problem getting removed and we can get range data.

So the question is that why the satellite vl53l0x board not working on the side of 10 pin connector, is there is problem with level shifter that down voltage 5v to 2.8v.

I have tried that with two vl53l0x both giving same problem.

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

Level shifters are a pain. A necessary evil, but still evil. There are two versions of satellite boards. The Satellite board shipped WITH the evaluation kit do NOT have level shifters - we do that on the board.

But Satellite boards you buy separately DO have shifters. We don't know what they are being attached to, so we protect the board.

But to complicate the heck out of things these two satellite boards are the same - but with stuffing options.

One cannot have 2 level shifters. One needs a voltage change to make them work. And that's another issue.

-john

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.