cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN setup in SPC570S-DISP dev board

NBula.1
Associate III

Hi,

I am trying to setup CAN communication in the SPC570S-DISP dev board. I started with the example available in the SPC5Studio. In the example, internal loopback is enabled, so I disabled it to allow external transmit. I did not change any other settings, as they looked okay to me. In the timing setup section, according to the values that were already set in the example, it has a bit rate of 500 kbps. However, after uploading the code to dev board, and monitoring from a CAN analyzer, no messages seem to be come and the analyzer shows an error. I would like if someone can help me in this matter. I have attached screenshots of the settings and timing setting.

Thank you.

Nisal

0693W000006H6quQAC.png0693W000006H6mUQAS.pngAccording to the clock settings, the CAN clock is set at 40 MHz,

0693W000006H6slQAC.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

Hello ,

Which CAN Analyzer do you use ?

there is a Jumper JP7 on the board have you enable it ?

Best regards

Erwan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

Hello ,

Which CAN Analyzer do you use ?

there is a Jumper JP7 on the board have you enable it ?

Best regards

Erwan

NBula.1
Associate III

Hi Erwan,

I am using the Mircochip CAN bus analyzer. I have enabled the J7 jumper. Any other things I should check ?

Nisal

NBula.1
Associate III

Hi Erwan,

Attached here is an image seen from the oscilloscope of the signals CANH and CANL. Please be kind enough to take a look at it.

Nisal

0693W000007BQgwQAG.jpg 

Here is capture of the CAN RX and CAN TX signals.

0693W000007BQiTQAW.jpg