cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Package SDK Installation Failure

AOrtw.1
Associate

Hello!

I am having an issue installing the developer package SDK where the shell script is not found as well as an 'argument list too long' failure during setup.

I am using Ubuntu WSL to execute the script and see the following:

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

sudo ./stm32mp1-openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-11-12/sdk/st-image-weston-openstlinux-weston-stm32mp1-x86_64-toolchain-3.1-openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-11-12.sh -d /mnt/c/Users/aortw/Documents/STM32MP15-Ecosystem/Developer-Package/SDK
./stm32mp1-openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-11-12/sdk/st-image-weston-openstlinux-weston-stm32mp1-x86_64-toolchain-3.1-openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-11-12.sh: 29: gcc: not found
ST OpenSTLinux - Weston - (A Yocto Project Based Distro) SDK installer version 3.1-openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-11-12
=======================================================================================================================
The directory "/mnt/c/Users/aortw/Documents/STM32MP15-Ecosystem/Developer-Package/SDK" already contains a SDK for this architecture.
If you continue, existing files will be overwritten! Proceed [y/N]? y
Extracting SDK....................................................................................................................................................................................................................done
Setting it up.../mnt/c/Users/aortw/Documents/STM32MP15-Ecosystem/Developer-Package/SDK/relocate_sdk.sh: 14: /usr/bin/python3: Argument list too long
SDK could not be set up. Relocate script failed. Abort!

3 REPLIES 3
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @AOrtw.1​ ,

Issue may come from usage of -d /mnt/c/Users/aortw/Documents/STM32MP15-Ecosystem/Developer-Package/SDK trying to install SDK on Windows file system.

SDK only support Linux filesystem. You should rather install it under /opt of the WSL2.

Also please be aware that only WSL2 is supported.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi, I am using VMware-Ubuntu 20.04. I had downloaded the STM SDK & tried to untar it many times, but, it's not getting untar fully (as I can see the "sdk" folder is missing after untar).

I have tried multiple options tar xvf, -xvf, etc.

Also, quite a lot of times the SDK download gets failed in between.

So, will it work on the VMware Linux ? why could the untar is not fully successful ?

Hi,

We are using VMWare with Ubuntu 20.04, so I can confirm it work with the steps describe in https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_compile_the_device_tree_with_the_Developer_Package.

Particularly:

In case of issues, please create a new post in the community.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.