cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GAM module of X-CUBE-AUDIO does not work with STM32L

Oozzy.1
Associate II

I tried to use GAM module of X-CUBE-AUDIO. In the documentation, it says that it can be used with any STM32 which possess M4 core however when I try to use it with STM32L series one, the function of the module returns -6 which indicates wrong hardware. So how can I use this module with L series STM32 ? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Ons KOOLI
Senior III

Hi Oozzy.1,

Can you please specify which board did you use exactly? And if you did a porting of the application or not ?

Best Regards,

Ons.

Oozzy.1
Associate II

I designed a custom board with STM32L uC. I would like to utilize X-CUBE-AUDIO packet but it doesnt work with my custom board even the uC is based on M4 core.

Hi Oozzy.1,

I am sorry I cannot understand your case so much.

Which micro-controller exactly are using? I checked the package, there are two projects, one for F4 and the other for F7.

If you are working with something else, you should port one of these two projects. If you are working with L4 or other micro-controller based on Cortex-M4, I advise you to port the F4 project since this will be easier.

Best Regards,

Ons.

Oozzy.1
Associate II

Hi Ons,

I am working with L4 and tried to port the F4 project however the function named svc_reset of the SVC module returns -6 (Unsupported hardware for the library). Could it be related with the compile options ? Can we use X-CUBE-AUDIO with L4 processor ?

Ons KOOLI
Senior III

Hi Oozzy.1,

Yes, porting should be possible and easy since L4 and F4 devices are both based on the same Cortex which is M4.

Unfortunately, I still cannot understand the case too much.

Can you please provide more details ?

Maybe screenshots of the build errors, your toolchain, and your ioc file if you are working with STM32CubeMx.

Best Regards,

Ons.