cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do: CRYP peripheral on STM32WB

PADAM.1
Associate III

Hello

In STM32 Crypto Library, there are function "AES_CMAC_Encrypt_Init", "AES_CMAC_Encrypt_Append" and "AES_CMAC_Encrypt_Finish" to calculate the authentication code of a plain text.

How can this be done on STM32WB using the CRYP peripheral (HAL driver) ?

Best regards

Paul

3 REPLIES 3

The STM32W series parts tend to be built by a different group within ST, support is often rather limited. If you are a commercial user of these parts I'd suggest rattling the tree starting with your sales rep and FAEs

The general problem with the HW CRYPT/HASH implementations is they are single context, non-thread safe. You will have to look at the implementation details, especially size and alignment expectations, and perhaps hold small buffers of pending data when the size/alignment requirements aren't met by the "append" requests that arrive.

I would look at the HAL CRYP examples under CubeWB (or whatever), but it's not my part and I can't spend time on.

Related topics you've posted, the audience here is pretty slim (support / abandonment issues)

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000Kpr6nSAB/usage-of-stm32-crypto-library-um1924-on-stm32wb

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000SbCpdSAF/question-on-counter-initial-value-for-aes-ctr-on-stm32wb

@ST Community​ if ST wants their wireless products to be used the support staff need to start showing up. Large customers have deeper rosters of engineers, and should need less help, answering forum problems has much further reach and if done properly it identifies issues early, and inspires potential customers to have confidence.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
PADAM.1
Associate III

Hi Tesla

Thanks for the reply. I like specifically your last paragraph 😉

The sample software in the distributed FW package is really "light" concerning CRYP peripheral.

The best for customers (small companies/startups) would be if there is a HW version of STM32 crypto library on STM32WB.

BR

Paul

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

I don't know about WB, but for STM32H75x had to edit stm32h7xx_hal_cryp.c manually to enable init-append-finish workflow.

It was not so hard, but could find better use for my time...

-- pa