cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is X-Nucleo-NFC03A1 board compatible with Arduino Uno?

JPark.21
Associate II

I have purchased "X-Nucleo-NFC03A1" NFC reader evaluation board. Can I use Arduino Uno to control the NFC board? and does anyone have a sample library?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
parata.carlo
Associate III

Hi,

the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 library is currently compatible only with stm32duino boards. The job to make it compatible also with Arduino Uno should not so difficult because basically the board uses the standard APIs of Arduino framework. I suppose that there are some typedef and define to adjust in order to remove some errors that you can get with Arduino UNO target. Anyway, I'm not sure that Arduino UNO has enough flash and RAM memories to run the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 library.

Best Regards,

Carlo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

you can find a sample lib here https://github.com/stm32duino/X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1

there is also another library  for Arduino. This is originally for the BM019 board but should run with X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 with no or only little changes.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
JPark.21
Associate II

Thank you for your help, Brian.

I am using Arduino Uno R3 to control X-Nucleo-NFC03A1. I got the following error message while uploading the sample code in the library.

"WARNING: library X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 claims to run on stm32 architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on avr architecture(s)"

I am wondering that I can use Arduino Uno for X-Nucleo-NFC03A1. or, should I use stm32duino board?

Regards,

JYP

parata.carlo
Associate III

Hi,

the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 library is currently compatible only with stm32duino boards. The job to make it compatible also with Arduino Uno should not so difficult because basically the board uses the standard APIs of Arduino framework. I suppose that there are some typedef and define to adjust in order to remove some errors that you can get with Arduino UNO target. Anyway, I'm not sure that Arduino UNO has enough flash and RAM memories to run the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 library.

Best Regards,

Carlo